Crystalint Media strives to be completely transparent with how we collect and use information we gather about you on this site. Your privacy is important to us and we respect your preferences.
This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) explains how Crystalint Media Services, (“Crystalint Media”) uses personal information (“Personal Information”) and applies to all users (“users”) who access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with https://www.crystalintmedia.co.ke (the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the Crystalint Media practices, do not access, view, visit, download, or otherwise interact with the Site. If you have any questions or comments concerning Crystalint Media’s Privacy Statement, please contact us by sending an email to contact (at) crystalintmedia.co.ke. You can also contact Crystalint Media via postal mail at: 9092 Neema Complex, Room #57, Eldoret, Kenya 30100.
Our Privacy Statement is organized as follows:
- Personal Information Crystalint Media gathers
- How Crystalint Media Collects Personal Information
- How Crystalint Media Uses Personal Information
- When and Why Crystalint Media Discloses Personal Information
- Personal Information Retention
- Tracking Technologies
- Choice and Control
- Security of Personal Information
- EU Data Subject Rights
- Withdrawing Consent
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
- Crystalint Media Blog
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. Crystalint Media collects the following types of Personal Information:
Contact Information. Contact Information allows Crystalint Media to communicate with you. Examples of Contact Information include, but are not limited to, your name, accurate postal addresses, valid email address, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Crystalint Media. Crystalint Media may also request demographic contact information including, but not limited to, your job title, job function, and corporate title.
Transaction Information. Crystalint Media automatically receives and records some information from your browser when you visit the site, such as your IP address, cookies and data about which pages you visit on the site through the use of log files provided by our third-party tracking-utility partners. This information helps Crystalint Media analyze and understand how the site works for users. Information that is gathered includes, but is not limited to, information about how you interact with Crystalint Media, information about how you use Crystalint Media’s Sites, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with other users and Crystalint Media business partners.
Mobile Location Information. If you have permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data, Crystalint Media collects Mobile Location.
Posted Information. If you chose to post a comment on Crystalint Media’s blog, Crystalint Media may collect information regarding your name and the content of your post. It is important to note that any content you post on the blog is publicly displayed and will be seen by other users of the Site.
Crystalint Media gathers Personal Information in the following ways:
If and when you are prompted and to provide Personal Information (including Contact Information) when you use Crystalint Media or otherwise interact with the Site or contact Crystalint Media.
If and when you contact Crystalint Media via telephone, email, or other methods of communication.
Lawful basis for Crystalint Media’s processing of your Personal Information:
As applicable, the following is the lawful basis Crystalint Media relies on to process your Personal Information:
Legitimate Interest means the interest of Crystalint Media in conducting and managing its business to enable it to give you best service/product and the most optimized and secure interaction. Crystalint Media makes sure to weigh any potential Crystalint Media on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before Crystalint Media processes your Personal Information for its legitimate interest. Unless Crystalint Media has your consent or is otherwise required or permitted to by law, it will not use your Personal Information for activities where the Crystalint Media on your overrides Crystalint Media’s interests.
Crystalint Media may use Personal Information to enhance to enhance your user experience, to help Crystalint Media better understand you, to help Crystalint Media customize offers, blog topics, or posts that may be of interest to you, and to help Crystalint Media otherwise enhance the Site.
Crystalint Media uses Personal Information to:
- Identify and authenticate users;
- Facilitate transactions;
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Connect with you on social media (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter);
- Contact you by phone or email;
- Personalize and continually improve users’ Crystalint Media experience;
- Provide you with suggested information based on variables such as stated preferences, interests, business activities, and/or location;
- Send you technical notices, updates, alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Evaluate additional services, items, or offerings that may be of interest to users;
- Track transactions and perform other analytics;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Crystalint Media partners or third parties; and
Crystalint Media will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your explicit consent, except as specified in this Privacy statement. Crystalint Media will disclose your Personal Information when:
- Working with companies and service providers (i.e. HubSpot, Salesforce.com, or other companies that process billing, website hosting, or analytics performance in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 3 (“How Crystalint Media Uses Personal Information”) above.
- Crystalint Media employs other companies to perform tasks on Crystalint Media’s behalf and therefore Crystalint Media must share your Personal Information with these companies to provide services to you. Examples include but are not limited to processing payments, handling billing disputes and collections, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and providing customer service. Crystalint Media may partner with third-party services for fraud prevention and/or identity verification.
- Enforcing Crystalint Media’s rights or protect Crystalint Media property and intellectual property;
- Protecting the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request.
- Crystalint Media believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss.
- Crystalint Media believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to commence an investigation or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud.
- Crystalint Media believes in good faith that it must disclose such information per auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
- Crystalint Media believes in good faith that it must disclose such information to defend Crystalint Media in litigation or a regulatory action.
- Crystalint Media believes in good faith that it must disclose such information, or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
Crystalint Media will not sell your Personal Information to third parties unless Crystalint Media is in the process of entering into a merger with another business, acquisition of another business, or the sale of all or a portion of Crystalint Media’s assets and the information is needed to support the sale or transfer of business assets.
This Privacy Statement only governs when and why Crystalint Media discloses Personal Information. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the practices of third parties that Crystalint Media does not own or control, or individuals that Crystalint Media does not employ or manage. The use of your Personal Information by third parties that you access through the Site is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to Crystalint Media’s control. Crystalint Media is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other websites on the Internet, even those linked to or from the Crystalint Media Site. Crystalint Media encourages you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
Crystalint Media may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, Crystalint Media may provide our partners, (such as HubSpot or Salesforce.com), or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about Crystalint Media users.
To determine the appropriate retention period, Crystalint Media considers the type and volume of the information, the negatives that can result from un-permitted access to such information, why Crystalint Media gathers such information and the availability of achieving the goals of such gathering through alternative means.
While Crystalint Media does need to gather certain information to make your Crystalint Media experience personalized and to conduct transactions for you, Crystalint Media wants to give you the ability to control how your information is provided and shared.
- Email Preferences. For various reasons, Crystalint Media may contact you about our services or your activity.
If you would like to decline cooking tracking, you can manage how your browser handles cookies and other tracking devices by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your browser. If accessing Crystalint Media by a mobile device, you may manage the information your mobile device shares, such as cookies, tracking technologies, and location information, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings.
Crystalint Media strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, however, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore Crystalint Media cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information. Crystalint Media strives to maintain a system that reasonably safeguards Personal Information and has put in place appropriate security measures to accomplish the foregoing.
In certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information Crystalint Media holds about you and to check that Crystalint Media is lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information. This enables Crystalint Media to have any incomplete or inaccurate data held about you corrected, though Crystalint Media may need to verify the accuracy of the new data provided.
- Request erasure of Personal Information. This enables you to ask Crystalint Media to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for Crystalint Media continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask Crystalint Media to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where Crystalint Media may have processed your information unlawfully or where Crystalint Media is required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that Crystalint Media may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to gathering of your Personal Information where Crystalint Media is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to gathering on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where Crystalint Media is gathering your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, Crystalint Media may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to gather your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of gathering of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask Crystalint Media to suspend the gathering of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want Crystalint Media to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where Crystalint Media’s use of the data is unlawful but you do not want Crystalint Media to erase it; (c) where you need Crystalint Media to hold the data even if Crystalint Media no longer requires it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to Crystalint Media’s use of your data but Crystalint Media needs to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. Crystalint Media will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for Crystalint Media to use or where Crystalint Media used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where Crystalint Media is relying on consent to gather your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any gathering carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, Crystalint Media may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. Crystalint Media will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If Crystalint Media is relying on your consent for certain activities, you have the right to withdraw you sent at any time by contacting Crystalint Media at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Privacy Statement describes the collection, use, and disclosure of information by Crystalint Media through the Site. Crystalint Media utilizes third parties to provide services to users and also provides links from the Site to other websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies and may collect, use, and distribute information differently than Crystalint Media. Crystalint Media encourages all users to read the privacy policies of all third parties.
Crystalint Media may, from time to time, in Crystalint Media’s sole, absolute, and unfettered discretion, update this Privacy Statement to clarify its practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices. Crystalint Media encourages all users to periodically review the Privacy Statement. You are bound by any changes to the Privacy Statement when you use the Site after such changes have been first posted.
14) Contact Crystalint Media
If you have questions or suggestions, you may contact Crystalint Media by sending an email to contact (at) crystalintmedia.co.ke.